It is hard to find IVF success stories out there. That is why I want to share mine with you. I remember hopelessly searching the internet to find something to encourage me. The IVF stories I read were great but the couples had it so easy. They tried IVF for the first, maybe second time, and had a baby nine months later. That is not our story at all. No matter what your situation is, I hope you can find comfort in our IVF success story.
We tried to conceive naturally for about a year before going to the doctor. Once we made the decision to go to the doctor it was not long before we were finding out that we needed to do IVF. The doctor recommended skipping any of the smaller interventions and going straight to IVF with ICSI. We had male factor infertility, but would soon find out that my eggs were less than par. As a 23 year old the doctor thought they should be perfect. Not only were my eggs not perfect, but the doctor had to stimulate me like a 40 year old just to get me to produce 5 to 10 eggs.
The first cycle was a bust. We were so naïve. We thought that going through IVF meant we would be having a baby soon. This couldn’t have been farther from the truth. The second IVF seemed to be a lot more successful. The embryos looked much better, and we got pregnant! It wasn’t long before we found out that the baby was not growing and that we would have to have a d and c. The third cycle was another negative, and fourth another miscarriage. At this point we didn’t know if it was possible for us to ever have a baby.
We were ready to give up. The stress of trying to have a baby was overwhelming. We started telling each other that it would be ok if we did not have kids, that we were happy as a couple. I’m sure this was true, but I think it was just a way for us to let ourselves down a little easier. We still had 8 embryos frozen, so we decided to move forward with our first frozen embryo transfer. Once again we were pregnant and once again we miscarried. This was our third miscarriage and I was starting to lose my optimistic attitude. We tried one more time. Once again we were pregnant. Getting pregnant no longer meant anything to me. I didn’t want to get pregnant; I wanted to have a baby! It took about five or six months for us to realize that we were actually going to have a baby this time.
All of the ups and downs were worth it, because now we have a wonderful seven month old baby boy. I am sharing my IVF success story with you in hopes that it will encourage you to keep trying. If you are going through treatment soon IVF Success Program is a helpful guide to increase your chances of getting pregnant and can save you money. I hope that you will be able to tell your own success story soon!
Brittany Brumbelow –
About the Author:
Brittany Brumbelow is an educator, mother, and wife. She has spent many hours researching infertility and has experienced it firsthand. Please visit IVF Success Program to increase your chances of getting pregnant through IVF.
- Left-over embryos after IVF – your options « Trying To Conceive
- What is frozen embryo transfer (FET)? « Trying To Conceive
- How will trying to conceive affect your marriage? « Trying To Conceive
- Frozen Embryo Transfer
- Children Searching the Internet « Better Parenting Institute
- Even doctors have to wait to see the doctor « Walkaboutdoc's Blog
- Searching the Internet For Information On Dish Network in California | Vitus Productions Entertainment Blog
- Criminal Charges In Maryland | transpoworld.com
- I Hate Going To The Doctor
- Private Midwife: Homebirth & Hospital Birth » Blog Archive » Elective Single Embryo Transfer Boosts The Chance Of A Healthy Baby
- Nick & Melody's Spawn Watch Blog » Blog Archive » 1st Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycle Begins
- A Matter of Perspective | NOLAG Lans
- Yo Gabba Gabba: Let’s Visit the Doctor DVD | My Organized Chaos
- When the Man is the Infertility Cause | Acne Treatment Products, Tips & Reviews
- Leading Causes of Infertility in Women
- Owen Wilson Is Having a Baby With Girlfriend Jade!
- Faded Youth Blog | KHLOE KARDASHIAN TRYING TO HAVE A BABY
- Embryos | Scientists find safer way to make human stem cells
- Sperm Count and Trying to Conceive | BabyHopes Blog
- When Fertility Problems Are Hard to Identify